
I very sadly write this post...
We had to put our 12 yr old lab, Jack, to sleep this past Friday. He has been such a trooper for the past 7 years or so. Jack came to live with Brett and I about that long ago after my mom moved out of a house that had a fence and Brett and I were the only ones that did have one. So we gladly took Jack as our own. Even though he's my brothers dog, he is a family dog, and became a Ballard for sure. He went blind about 7 yrs ago and has done SOOO well adjusting every time we moved and just dealing with his handicap. But this last year or so he's just gotten worse. His hips were giving out, and bad legs, getting spots on his body and just worn out. It has been a while coming and we knew what would be best for Jack, but let me tell you, this is the 2nd dog we've had to put down since I've been an adult and boy it's not easy. They are a part of your life, your daily routine, your enjoyment when you come home...just not fair that we have to suffer as they are at peace.
So with that said....Jack, we love you and miss you and will never forget you. Thanks for being such a SWEET dog for us, to my kids, and to me personally as a 100 lb. lap dog and big baby! I love you!!


2 comments:
sweet memories!! you guys got a lot of great years with Jack. he was a lucky lucky dog to have you guys.
hope you guys are doing great. we're in KC this week.. so no phone service as usual. hope to talk to ya soon
I am so sorry Kelly! I am afraid to even tell Raelynn. She loved watching after Jack when you were gone!
Post a Comment