Thursday, March 24, 2011

Brooks and his poor ears!

Brooks had his little surgery this morning for his tubes in his ears! He was quite the trooper. We had to be there at 7:30 and no food/drink after midnight the night before....
Well they don't know my boys...they drink/eat as soon as they wake up, so I knew this might be a battle. They told me if necessary it would be ok to give clear liquid if I HAD to. So when Mr. Smiley woke up this morning I wandered around with him a little to waste time, but he knew what he wanted and I eventually gave in and gave him a little flavored water, it was clear!

So we got there and before anaesthesiologist came in she asked for the last food/drink and I told her 6:30-6:45 this morning and her eyes got big and said ok, hang on....geeez! She got the doctor and he said they can't have anything 2 hrs before they go under, so man we had to wait another HOUR in a little room! He was SOOO good, till the last bit of it b/c Kaden and Brett left to the waiting room for Kaden to be entertained and I could only do so much. But he was in and out and did great. He had an infection in one, so on meds again, and scaring in the other from all the other infections I guess!
But he's good to go and we are praying they fix all the problems!!!
Love ya Brooksy!

1 comment:

Mrs. Thornton said...

So happy to follow the Ballards...You all are awesome! Praying for Brooks ears. :)