I feel like I haven't talked ENOUGH about my kids lately and they are ever changing!
I know I don't fill in Brooks' baby book enough and Kaden's probably has some room from the last few years as well.
Well.......they are GREAT! Of course we have our days, but I couldn't ask for 2 better little boys in my life.
Updates:
Brooks-
Almost 15mths....can't believe it.
"talking" a lot more. Walking all over the place and trying to "run" quickly to get away if he's being chased. It's so darn cute and brings me back to the days when Kaden started really getting secure in his walking. I LOVE just watching him and could sit and stare for hours when he's occupied.
He's about 23 lbs. now. His belly cracks me up and is comparable to Amber's at the moment!
He can tell you where his belly, head, eyes, nose and mouth are. Sometimes we get mixed up a couple of them, but then he'll fix it and get his finger pointing in the right direction.
He does sign language for more (all the time), which for him really means "I'm hungry, feed me", and then more. He also knows the sign for please and thank you.
The words he says most often is momma, dadda, and ball.
But he has learned a few more recently:
-"naden" -Kaden
-"nigh nigh"- night night
-"baahbaa"-bottle
-"bah ball"-basketball
-"cacker"-cracker
and he for sure knows Papa, he loves his great grandpa!
Brooks is a GREAT smiler and has an infectious laugh. He loves to give high-fives, and has learned giving "bumps" too.
His favorite sport is basketball I think, go figure, and is so darn cute standing under any hoop and saying "bah ball" and waiting for you to lift him up to shoot. He loves to dunk on the little goal we have at home.
He loves to sit in he and Kaden's little rocking chair. My dad refinished his rocking chair he got when he was 3, and gave it to Kaden on his 3rd birthday. Kaden sits in it to read in his room, but Brooks has it in our room in the morning when we are getting ready and eats his breakfast nearly everyday in it. He loves to stand and be daredevilish in it as well, but will rock rock rock till his hearts content.
He and Kaden have somewhat gently learned to wrestle and he'll join in any wrestling competition Kaden and Brett have going on.
His favorite thing to eat is all types of crackers! He loves saltines, graham, animal, ritz, anything. He's a total snacker and not so good with veggies or meat yet. I think he's another carb. boy, taking after me! He loves his water and milk to drink, but definitely likes whatever Kaden is having as well.
He does have some jealousy issues with sharing mom. He doesn't want Kaden to sit with me or love on me when he is around. He will push Kaden away and sometimes even hits him...not good! And he just started this "squealing pig" sound, that is deafening to the ears. I hope that passes quickly.
He's so much fun though and is almost at my most favorite stage of Kaden's which was 18mths, so I'm excited to see what's in store.
Kaden-
Oh the joys of 3 have almost passed and I'm anxious to see what 4 has to bring.
He's almost 4 years old and that seems so unreal.
Kaden is full of life and entertains us daily. I can't even remember all the stuff he says or does on a daily basis...I need to invent something that I can record or jot down quickly so I don't forget it. He is priceless.
His favorite things to eat right now are cheese quesadillas, peanut butter sandwiches (no jelly!), macaroni and cheese, cottage cheese, and an assortment of fruits (watermelon or any melon specifically)
He goes to school 2 times a week to Kid's First Preschool. He loves it. He learns a bible story at the beginning of each month and then they have themed lessons each week. I think his favorite part is "recess", snack time, and story time. He LOVES books and his teachers say he interacts really well during story time. I pick him and a friend up on those days and take the 3 boys to MaryBeth's for the afternoon. As we leave school I ask how it was, what they learned and so on. They both usually tell me or just say they played, but then go on to say if they went outside or stayed in the gym for recess and what they had for snack, who brought it and who they thanked. Then we guess what will be for lunch at MaryBeth's. It's my favorite part of the day.
He is OBSESSED with basketball. During football season he was kinda into that, but I think he is reallllly just in love with basketball. We usually play in the basement but pull the goal upstairs to play in the living room while I get somethings done and now since the basement is in shambles, it lives in our living room. He asks everyday if we can play "real" basketball, meaning not just a shooting game or "practice". You HAVE to "call him out" almost every time and he loves to run around. He then throws the tip-off and the game begins. He's so cute.
He is doing really well with his bike and loves to ride around. Since it's been so cold here we get out when we can, but he'll bundle up whenever just to get out sometimes. He likes to help outside like pulling the trash can in on trash days, going to get the mail, and sweeping. He also helps me with feeding Cooper and letting him out. It's so nice for the extra hands.
He is getting quite lippy though lately and not sure how to deal with that. Brett and I do our best and we'll see how our skills turn out in the future! He knows when he's not supposed to say or do things and knows to apologize or usually says "I'm just kidding", but when he doesn't the 2nd step on the stairs is his friend!
He loves to tell makeup stories or have you tell them to him at night time. Brett is really good at that, me...I'm not as creative. He tells me "dad does it better" or "yours are to short" so I then pass it on to him to tell a story. We read at least 2 books a night before bed, but he prefers 4. It depends on the night though.
He's getting better at brushing his own teeth now and doesn't put up to much of a fight to do it. We are still trying to figure out the nighttime potty training, not sure when that'll break or if I'm just the lazy one not to put him in regular undies and clean up when needed. But we are trying!
My heart melts though when he is in his super good mood and being mommy's helper. He is a lot of fun to be with and really is a good little boy.
I don't like to spoil often, but it's so hard not to when you have such precious boys and are having so much fun in life with them. To see their faces and reactions to simply going to the park, going on a walk, playing tennis in the driveway at night with the side house lights on, giving him a doughnut in the morning or chocolate milk at a random time...it makes it all worth while.
The boys are great and Brett and I are having so much fun watching them grow. The busy schedules we endure or the craziness of jobs and time apart, fall to the wayside when we experience the joy we have together.
I can't ask for much more in that sense!
No comments:
Post a Comment