Monday, May 23, 2011

Brooks is learning to swim!!!

Kaden started swimming lessons with Ms. Claudine about this same age, so I knew it was getting close for Brooks. With getting tubes in his ears, just like Kaden did, we kinda hesitated, but just get some silly putty and stuck it in there...it works great!




So a couple weeks ago Claudine told me it was his turn and we started right up. We haven't done the normal 4 days in a row thing, I'm sure we will when we go outside to her house in a few weeks, but we did some "test runs" with little spurts of a lesson just to get him used to the water and her. Result.....He HATED it! I don't think he hates the water, b/c he LOVES bath time, but I just think a new person taking charge of him, in an unfamiliar setting, and making him go under water= cry for mamma!









He did really good with listening and is floating on his back pretty well. I'm not as anxious this time around, I kinda just laughed, unlike when Kaden first started, but I do still get a tug at my heart when he looks straight at me and arms out screaming Momma!!!




I know he'll do great and hopefully it won't take 2 years for him to actually like swimming lessons like it did Kaden...but you never know!

Yay Brooks!

No comments: