Monday, May 23, 2011

An end to this school year....

Last Thursday was Kaden's LAST day of this years "Under the Sea" preschool class. He has had so much fun at preschool and we are so blessed we found such a great place for him to attend. He loves going to school and has learned so much.

Mrs. Winn and Mrs. Willis were AMAZING teachers and are the sweetest people we've met. They have reiterated numerous times to me how they just loved Kaden and wished they had 13 Kaden's in their class...(I'm sure they say that to all the parents)....but it made me smile!

We are going to miss all his little friends he's made this year, unless we get lucky next year to end up in the same classroom. His teachers gave him a little photo book of stuff throughout the year and it's so funny looking at his first day to now....wow they change right before your eyes!


I can't believe my oldest has already finished a year of school! Wow, time has gone so fast and it makes me cry just thinking of it. I wish I had more time with both of them each day b/c it's all going to go by so fast I just know it.

(They were supposed to have Field Day the next day, but b/c of storms it didn't happen. So instead, Kaden and mommy got to hang out and have a little fun together!)


*We went shoe shopping...for him! (I have to admit I did get some too :) )

He got some "nice" shoes and then these "special" shoes too b/c he's done really well on a sticker chart he's been keeping track of! (they light up too!)


*We went to the library...got 1 movie and 6 or 7 books! He LOVES the library!


*We went to the Toy Store downtown. He used gift cards he's received over the years and got a book, and 2 pirate swords-one for him, and he bought one for Brooks!




*And we went to McDonald's for lunch! We saw lots of his little classmates too, so I think we all had the same idea!



We have a lot planned for the summer too and it starts with continuing soccer for Kaden! He has had so much fun with the Hobbits and we were so lucky to get the coach we did. We are going to do summer soccer June and July. We will continue to do swimming for both the boys too! Kaden is going to go to KU parent/child camp in June with daddy and he's SUPER pumped about that. We will go to the lake for our annual 4th of July trip and I ALWAYS love that trip. Kaden is then going to have 2 back to back camps at the end of July b/c MaryBeth's is closed. So he'll do Mini Munchkin camp again at Lawrence Gymnastics and it's sooo fun for them. Then the next week he's going to do school summer camp and I think the theme for that week is either Ahoy Mate', or Nature's Adventure...something like that! So he's excited about that too. We'll be doing VBS at church at night one week as well.

My mom will be watching the boys 2 afternoons a week to help me out with continuing to do my internship and she gets her "granny" time in too! They love their Granny time!


Then in August we are going on VACATION!!!! I can't wait. We are heading to the beach with my sister and mom. I'm sooooooo ready for vacation and to just get away from it all. Much needed and it can't come sooner! Kaden is excited about the plane ride and staying in a condo....I'm excited about no work, no worries, and relaxing in the sand!!!


So we have lots to do with so much in between but there's a preview! Never a dull moment!
And here's a cutie pict of Kaden and Jaris!!! Love our little cousin!

No comments: