I LOVE the conversations I have with my boys.
They are always entertaining, deep in thought, serious, emotional, hilarious, matter-of-fact, or even sad. It's never ending!I'm LOVING staying at home more so now then when this journey first started.
I LOVE taking Kaden to school, picking him up, volunteering for things at school, being on the PTA and seeing him make so many friends and learn so much. He is such a good little student and is very concerned about making sure school things are done first when he gets home. I'm anxious for teacher conferences next week to hear everything they've been doing. He's writing sooo much better and even learning how to READ! I know they are supposed to learn in Kindergarten, but we are only about 1 1/2 mths into school and he's doing so well. He gets frustrated for sure, but he's working on it. His writing is getting so much better now and for NEVER knowing how to write lower case until about a mth ago, he's a pro!!! His absolute favorite thing to do is draw! He LOVES drawing. He loves coloring. He loves being creative and I love that he loves it. He's really good too. He will come home almost everyday and draw or color a page or picture of his own. He will ask for ideas to draw and come up with some great pictures. Our ENTIRE wall sized cork board upstairs is FILLED with his creations. So far his friends at school are Logan, Brennan, Laney (g/f), Trinity, Eddie, and Asa. He said Laney is his best friend (girl) and I asked if she was his girlfriend, and with some giggles and red cheeks he said no, but she's a sweet little girl. (I finally met her at school the other day)
I LOVE spending time with Brooks. He goes to school 2 days a week and it's a nice break, but I love hearing his days as well. He cracks me up when we are playing at home or out doing errands. He LOVES playing with my hair, or any ones, but it is the darn cutest thing. We will be in a store and he'll be sitting in the cart and pull me towards him to play with it or give me a kiss or something. He's just the sweetest little thing. He tells me all the time, in his sweetest voice/pulling me close/arms around neck...that "I love you and I love you and I love you"!!! I have to say it back the same amount of times he says it, or he keeps saying it. I'll TAKE it a million times over and I love it. Our other favorite thing together is him cuddling up on my lap and he'll say "Your my little snuggle bugger" (which I have always said to him) Another, LOVE IT moment for sure! He's been recently telling me that he'll be a college basketball (ba-ball) player for KU and that he'll slam dunk on everyone so he needs to get big! It cracks me up b/c of his seriousness, but I love it!
On the same note....he can be a VERY stubborn stinker!! He's a VERY picky, or not even, eater. He loves snacks, candy, sweets, and anything to drink. He will drink his way in his weight if you let him. But he is very difficult to feed a meal. So we are battling that daily, I hope he grows out of it. He's also still the "baby" for now and thinks he should always get his way, which some of the times is true due to the fact that he's younger, but man he can battle us/me constantly. The whining and pouting can only go on for so long and then it's off to time-out. He's there quite a few times through the week, and I'm sure this is part of the 2-3 yr. old battle. We will see how this changes or doesn't change when baby girl comes this February. I know he will be such a cuddle bug and so loving as he is with us. Time will tell. Love him anyways!
I can't say how proud I am to be the mother of these two boys! And I know things will change once again when our 3rd child comes, and of course for the merrier and we couldn't be happier.
But for now....
"There's these boys who stole my heart...they call me Mom"
No comments:
Post a Comment