Happy Valentine's Day to all!!!Here is my FAVORITE Valentine of all!!! (ok, Brett is my fav too, but no picture of him)
Lots has gone on since our trip to Austin, which didnt have a great outcome, but we'll be just fine, don't you worry!!!
When I got home at 3AM and sent my sister on her way to her house, which she doesn't really remember even driving home, I went in to see my little guy and he was sound asleep. When I heard his sweet little wake-up call at 7AM(mind you that was about 4 hrs sleep) I went in to see him and bam....rash alllll over! He had a little rash before I left and I was keeping a close watch on it. At first I thought it was b/c I was being cheap and switched him over to generic formula for the last month and a half, but come to find out he has strep!!! Yuck! He also has yet ANOTHER ear infection. So we are on antibiotics and getting better but I couldn't have him around others until he was on his meds for 24 hrs, so that left him and I home for basically 2 days! It was fun, he doesn't ever act sick when he is, so he was running all over the place and we just played played played. By the way he is definately walking on his own now. He'll take 5-10 steps before he'll face-plant, but he does it and is SOO proud of himself. It's super cute. Otherwise, he'll grab for your fingers and make you walk and walk and walk, and then walk some more with him wherever HE wants to go. He loves chasing Cooper and getting his toy and chewing on it, yuck, then giving it to Jack and let him play too, very thoughtful I know!!!
So I'm back at work this morning and they were happy to see him in daycare, she even called up to my office to ask if he's taken any steps at home (just trying to be nice, in case I hadn't seen it yet) and I said yes, and she was relieved that she wasn't the first to see them.
Side note, my sister-in-law, Katie, found out she is going to be having a little girl, so we were all happy, now it's pink time!!! Kale, our nephew apparently is super happy and shows off this little pink dress someone gave Katie, telling that "this is my baby sister's dress"...very proud big brother already. We'll make a stop to see him today to drop off his Valentine's gift, so we'll probably get to see the little pink dress I'm sure.
Another exciting thing that happened last week was our church's new children's wing opened up and it's SOOOO awesome. They have worked REALLY hard on this and its so amazing what they came up with and how much fun these kids and future kids will have and learn so much with the tools they received. Kaden is to little for the new wing, it's for 4 yr olds and up, so I'm kinda jelous of the ones that do get to utilize it now, but some day, some day....
We had an open house this last saturday and I invited a lot of people, whom all showed up and many more, it was great. Then church on Sunday was amazing...I couldn't even find a parking spot. There were tons of people and children and it was just really cool to see that many people try our church out and I hope they continue. I now have a few friends hopefully going to continue to come and I'm excited about that as well. Not that I dont like going with my usual gang, mom & Steph, but its always fun to have more along!!!
Big weekend ahead as the 20 year reunion for the '88 championship team is this sat. We play Colorado sat. afternoon and then sat. night is the banquet. There is a lot of old players and staff coming back and it's a pretty big deal, so we're pretty excited. Brett has worked pretty hard helping organize this and is pretty happy how it's turning out. I'll let you know details later.
2 comments:
That is the cutest picture of your little Valentine!!!!
Poor little sick baby! :( I'm glad he's feeling better!! Maybe because it is too cold there and you guys should move to Texas!! jk! Can't wait to see you next weekend! Love you!!!
Post a Comment