So we are leaving in the morning early to go to Texas!!! Kaden has flown one other time, when he was like 4 or 5 months, and was REALLY good, well he slept the whole time, but this go around might be a little different. My mom, Kaden and I are going to see my brother and his fiance, Amber, for the weekend and are really excited. We will of course see lots of other family members too and are excited about that as well. We havent been together for a while and I haven't seen my brother since he moved down there at the beginning of Jan. Thats a long time since I'm used to seeing him like every or every other day. I can't wait for him to see Kaden and how much he's already changed. So we are excited and I'm done packing, so lets just hope I didnt forget anything. I guess we can always go to the store huh!!!
The basketball 110 year Reunion for KU bball and the 20 yr. Reunion for the '88 Championship team was really fun last weekend. First we beat Colorado and then we had a GREAT time at the banquet. It was really pretty (decorations), food was good, and the speakers/videos were AWESEOME. I was kinda in awe of some of the people that were present there, I mean OLD time guys, Clyde Lovellette, Ted Owens, and even Larry Brown, just to name a few, but it was really neat to hear and see the stuff we go to see. They are also renovating the FieldHouse, starting this year with some stuff and they showed the plans, WOW!!! Thats all I have to say. We'll be right up there with the facilites and ammenities that we NEED, really cool. So all in all it was a good weekend.
Training for the 1/2 Ironman is still going pretty good. 4:30ish every morning but a couple takes a toll, but I get it done one way or the other. The biggest thing is the stupid Kansas weather and how its stinkin freeeeezing outstide almost all the time. Yuck... cant wait for the spring/summer weather!!! The schedule is getting a little harder now that I'm about 4 weeks into it and still 4 months away, cant wait, can you tell:) I know it'll be such an accomplishment, but sometimes I wonder..." what I was thinking!!"
No comments:
Post a Comment