Friday, May 2, 2008

A Few Updates

Ok....where to start....

First, we sold our house!!! Yeah it sold in 2 days! Very exciting, but very scary too. So we are on the hunt for our new home and I CANT WAIT. I know it wont be our absolute "dream" home, but we made our townhouse pretty darn cute, so I imagine we can do the same to the next. We are definitely in search w/ one that has a good backyard and a basement, and the search is on.

Second, we sold our house in 2 days, then we had a really bad storm last night...I'm talking 60-80 miles and hour winds, they said it was hurricane winds. It was kinda scary, well really scary...I just got back from the Sprint Center in KC with the other coaches wives (we went to the Alicia Keys concert....what a woman....man she's talented, it was really fun!) and when I was ready for bed finally and started falling asleep, since I only had like 3 hrs before I had to wake up to work out....the storm hits. Needless to say I didn't get up to work out. Two reasons....lack of sleep and when we awoke, our front tree had been split down the middle and collapsed in our front yard. It covered the entire front yard and laid over our driveway and our neighbors. So, then we look around and a portion of our backyard fence has been blown down, lawn chairs in thrown on the other side of the yard, and a couple shingles on the roof pulled off..........YEAH GREAT!! We just sold our house and we now have to fix all this stuff. Well, so Brett left super early in the morning w/ the sr. guys to go to the Capitol, so I got left w/ all the calling and fixing and stuff, lots of fun. I was on the phone most of the morning w/ insurance and all that. So my boss and his friend came over to cut up the tree and put it in pieces then also put our fence back up and tacked it in there, hopefully it'll stay and we'll be good till we move. I don't think the roof had anything major from what our friend told us, so we're pretty clear on that.


Next big thing, Kaden is having his surgery next thurs. He is finally getting tubes put in his ears. I went to the specialist w/ him on wed. and he definitely said he needed them, so I'm happy he's getting it done. Of course a little worried about it, b/c its surgery and the anesthesia and all, but I know it's pretty routine and it's going to be great when we don't have to go from antibiotic to antibiotic. So we're ready for that and I'm ready for him to feel what "normal" is. He's had an ear ache every day of his life starting at 8-9 mths old, so I'm sure he's ready too. Everyone keeps telling me that it's night and day and they are so pleased and pleased for their child afterwards, and Kaden is really SOOO good, that I can't imagine or wait till this kicks in and he's even better than now, which doesn't seem possible to me, so that'll be good.

Brett is and has been super busy ever since the tournament, no slowing down, but that's good too, it means we get a bigger house :) jk, but he's bombarded everyday and I feel like our schedule of events on our calendar really doesn't stop till late July. He still enjoys is though and its great being Nat'l Champs!!! He's definitely a super dad when he is around and I can't imagine doing it alone. Kaden gets so excited when he gets home and he LOVES us taking him rides in his wagon, he's obsessed with his wagon, he's pretty darn cute.

My brother is coming in on tues for a couple days, so I'm excited to see him and show him how much Kaden has changed too. Then it's only a month and a half or less away from his wedding. We are counting down the days and I cant' wait.

That's it for now. Till next time....love you all!!!

1 comment:

Taylor said...

Congrats on selling your house! I suppose that when I am there for your brothers wedding I will get to see your new one!!! Love you.