So we went in this morning for Kaden's little surgery for tubes. Everything went well. We had to be there by 7AM and no eating before hand. That was the trickiest part. Every morning when Kaden wakes up we change diapers, and then go eat breakfast, pretty immediately. So this morning when he woke up earlier than normal, we had to keep him occupied before we headed to the hospital. So he was fine and ready to go and looking around when we got there, they explained everything and then the Dr. came and they took him away, crying and all, put him under. We were in the waiting room for like 10 mins tops and they called our name. So that went really really fast. He said he was fine, he had LOTS of fluid and infection behind the canals, but was waking up now, so we headed back to the waiting room, sat down for a sec and I heard a baby crying, so they called us back and he was not happy waking up. He was really out of it and kinda flaring around, not much control on his head b/c of his ears and all that. So they explained the drops we have to put in, what to expect and then we were off. So everything went well. Always makes me sad when he's crying and upset, but after we got home and ate a little something we calmed down and I took him to his daycare. I was hesitant, but her children went through it, so I knew she could handle it. He was still kinda out of it and probably took a nap right after I left. So I'll probably call this afternoon to check on him, but I'm sure he's doing ok. My sitter is the best!!!
Side note, Kaden got a pony!!! My dad called me the other day and said, guess what....Kaden has his first REAL pony. He was talking about it a while back and said he would one day, but while he is over in Iraq, his wife found this pony and decided to buy it for him. His name is little man, which is perfect since it's for Kaden, but my dad wants to rename him so it'll be short and sweet so Kaden can learn it quickly. We've been throwing names around and trying to tie it into the Final Four, KU Bball, Jayhawks and all that, but haven't finalized anything yet. He's about 5 yrs old I think and he's a super pretty horse. Now we just need to get down there a few times a year when my dad gets back so he can understand that it's actually his. So that's fun and we truly appreciate the gesture from my dad and Leslie. Definitely not expected or anticipated, but surely fun!!
I'll keep you up to date on his recovery, but lets hope he's on his way to some better health!!!
Oh, one more thing...we found a house we REALLY LOVE, and are looking at one more today and then hopefully making a decision, so I'll keep you posted on that as well.
Take care.
1 comment:
I am so happy Kaden's surgery went smoothly. I know all too well how hard it is to let them go into the surgical room! Also very excited to hear house hunting is going well. I can't wait to see your new home. Raelynn sends her hugs to Kaden.
Love,
The Keefer's
Post a Comment