Monday, May 12, 2008

We're Moving on up!!

So Happy Mother's Day to those I didn't get to, we had a wonderful day. Brett and I went on a "date" sat. night, which we haven't done since well.....about 15 mths ago!! We headed over to the Legends over by the Speedway, ate dinner and then went to a movie over there. By the way we saw "Made of Honor" and it was great. I was impressed Brett finally watched a chick flick w/me, but he enjoyed it to. I recommend it to anyone, it was good. So we did that and I was thinking that was for mother's day so we could hang out w/my mom on Sunday.
So Sunday morning we are getting ready for church and here comes Kaden in my room w/ a card. I opened it up and it was of course the sweetest card from Brett and Kaden. Then Brett turns around and has a tiny box for me. I was shocked, b/c like I said I thought the night before was the gift, well I guess that wasn't it. So he had gotten me this black and reg. diamond cross necklace that I had seen a while back and really wanted b/c it was something different than any other regular cross necklace and it was soo pretty. I was TOTALLY not expecting him to do that, so tears fell and it was just really sweet.
We headed to church, heard a great sermon, then ended up going downtown to Mass. street and ate lunch w/ his sister, our brother-in-law and our nephew. Kale, our nephew was mainly in it for the ice cream afterwards that we went and got, and it was really good. I don't know the last time I ate "real" icecream. So that was fun.
On our way home though our realtor called us and told us we got the house we've been negotiating with...sorry, forgot to tell you we decided on one and put an offer in last thurs/friday. So we were SOOO excited and I cant wait to move now. We still have to do all the inspections and sign off on everything, but it's perfect!! We got a lot more than expected too. They are leaving the projector, projector screen, all window treatments, and their plasma tv in the living room, along w/ all appliances. So its really a great deal and we just have to get some new carpet in areas and put up a fence, which the carpet was allotted for in the final price, so we are pretty pumped!!! Here's the link to the place..........http://www.hometownlawrence.com/, then go to advanced search and in the MLS # put in 114789, and it'll bring up 109 Stonecrest, that's our new place. We cant wait to get it all together and then actually have a place where friends and family can stay if needed.
So that's that, and we are really excited about everything. Kaden is doing better, has a cold w/ yucky stuff and cough, but we're supposed to get that taken care of soon, the ears are doing what they are supposed to do we think, so we'll keep you posted.
Take care everyone!!

5 comments:

Katie Briscoe said...

The house looks wonderful--how exciting!!! I can't wait to see it in person!! I am also so glad to hear that Kaden is doing better after his surgery--that's great news! We'll see you this weekend!!

Amber Temple said...

sounds like a sweet deal with the TV's!! can't wait to see you all...8 days and counting!

Jessica said...

Congrats on the house! Have a good time this weekend and give Kaden a hug for us!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the house Kel! Very exciting! What a great Mother's Day you had! :)

Unknown said...

I never could get the picture come up. Of your new home.

Coach Morris