Sunday, November 2, 2008

Happy Halloween!



         
To start off our Halloween.....
Here are our pumpkins. Brett and I carved the night before, Kaden just kept saying "EWWW" when he'd touch the guck inside, it was funny!! He didn't have much interest in the pumpkin carving project, so Granny kept him entertained while we finished up.

"I'm a JuJu".....that's what Kaden tells everyone that asks what he was for Halloween!! (JuJu= Jayhawk) I was pretty worried all week long when we would try to "practice" our Halloween costume, b/c he wanted NOTHING to do with the Jayhawk head being put on his. But after a few trials Halloween morning, he decided it wasn't to bad and wore it all day long.

We went to work, LAC, and they dress up in the daycare there, then we headed to KU to see daddy and the coaches and all the little kids from Hilltop school parade around and get candy from each department, so Kaden did the same, there were sooo many cute little kids. He even saw a couple of his afternoon daycare buddies.

Then that night we headed around our neighborhood to do a little to trick or treating. After a few houses, we were slow, we jumped in the car to see some family and friends. Granny and Steph stayed at the house to pass out candy, how nice! We stopped at MaryBeth's house (our ultimate favorite daycare lady)( and grandma Karen and Camden were there)...
 GG and Papa's...
Then went to Uncle Neil's house where Bailey, Kale, Aunt Katie, Uncle Dain, Grandma and Grandpa Ballard and daddy were waiting!! It was a fun night...


Sat. morning, the Keefer's watched Kaden for us b/c I had State C.C. meet and Brett had bball practice. We were there bright and early and Kristi, Cooper and Terry were there to greet us. They got to wake Raelynn up, I'm sure that was fun, and then they played all morning. Thanks to the Keefer's for helping us out!! I heard Kaden had fun and even tried to wrestle poor little Cooper!

Well we WON STATE!!! The boys c.c. team won state, it was GREAT! I was soooo excited for them and it was awesome to be a part of it. My girl that ran, just had 1 make it, got 18th!! She did awesome too. The top 20 medal, so she was elated and glad for it to be done. I couldn't' of been more proud! Thanks LHS C.C. for a great year!!!

Sunday we have just played and went up to see dad at work, ran around the bball court and "shot hoops" a little, then stopped in to see Aunt Steph at the KUStore. AS we were leaving the KU women's team was playing their bball game, so we peeked in and looked around for a little bit. Then Aunt Steph left us and Kaden was really intent on watching some hoops. So I took him in and we sat in the bleachers a little while to watch the girls play, very exciting let me tell you!! But then Big Jay and Baby Jay came out and he was thrilled!!! They came right over to us and of course he FREAKED out and didn't want anything to do with them, so they sat on the bench a little bit away from us and he was ok with that. Later Baby Jay came back for a high-five and I gave him one hoping Kaden would think that was ok, but it wasn't until his friend Blaise gave him a five, that then Kaden figured it was ok and did the same back!!! It was really cute.
That's it for the weekend. We have a full week, or at least mon, tues, wed, filled with SOMETHING to do. I'm excited for all of them though. I'll post after it's all over!! Take care everyone!!

No comments: