Friday night was a night to mark in your calendars....Brett and I went on a date!!What's that you ask? Well for those of you like us, normally it's just a number on a calendar, but for those who get to experience it every now and then, its a great time to spend together with the one you love, alone!!
So Brett and I SERIOUSLY, haven't been out on a "date" since before Kaden was born, for sure, and probably even before that. We started out at Pachamama's, which was great, but a very "fancy schmancy" restaurant and we really only went there b/c we had a big gift card from someone from last year, so we thought we'd use it. It was pretty funny b/c everything on the menu was what we like to call "rich-people food" and Brett so nicely stated that to our waitress as she was telling us the specials and stuff. She was great and I think enjoyed our humor of not knowing things and not being "wino's", which they had a lot of. It ended up great, we got some-what normal food and had great conversation together. I think we only talked about Kaden a handful of times while we were out. We then headed to the movie theater! What's this you ask? Well, its a place where you can sit in some comfy (yet germy) seats and watch a flick without the interruption of phones, texts, or kids saying they don't want to watch this anymore. So for this, I had 2 movie tickets from a year ago as well. So we are sitting on a FREE date so far, and those of you who REALLY know me, know that I am LOVING this. Brett however, decided he needed a $4.50 pop even though we just ate/drank 20 mins before we go there. Oh well, still an ENTIRE night out for $4.50, pretty darn good if you ask me. Oh and on this note, we REALLY can not remember the last movie we saw in a theater, so I KNOW that was more than 2 years ago, how sad I know! We had a great time, laughed a lot ("I love you, man"...its a great movie, you should see it) and headed home. Steph was a great babysitter and little man was fast asleep.
Sat, we woke up with Kaden and did our normal routine, then I headed downstairs to start taking all the hardware off everywhere in the basement. I then pulled carpet off stair areas so we could get the new paint down far enough so the new carpet could be put right on with no messiness. I got all that done, some other household stuff and Kaden and I headed off to GG and Papa's to return box fans and wet vac, then headed to Home Depot for our paint color! We got home and I started right in. Ate a little lunch with the guys and down again I went. My mom came over shortly after I had done the stairway, and Brett and Kaden were outside most of the day playing baseball. Brett did get to do his yardwork while we were gone in the morning.
I/we painted and painted and painted ALLLLL of Saturday.(I love having my family around for assistance!) My arm and hand were permanently formed to the brush and definitely sore the next day. Before the day was over though, Katie and the kids were in town so they stopped by, and at the same time they were coming, so was a storm! We had tornado warnings all late afternoon/early evening. The sirens were going off so we were all down in the basement for a while playing while Brett was upstairs giving updates until he saw the clouds and wind directly above our house, sucking the rain straight back in the sky, at that point he came downstairs. Luckily it passed and we were back upstairs playing.
Sunday rolled around, went to church and then I headed to KC to tour a historical house for a school project. It took an hour to get there, 2 hrs to tour, and an hour to get home, so needless to say, my afternoon was shot and Brett had some GREAT playing time, mostly baseball, with Kaden.(which by the way, our kid can whack that ball really good) I got home in time to start my evaluation of the house tour while Kaden was sleeping and Brett got to go run. I have 3 projects due on wed, and I have successfully completed 2 of them. I am still working on my last one as we speak, but wanted to update everyone, also procrastinating a little. I only have a few more paragraphs to write before its done though, so I'm in good shape. Sunday night I went and ran a little after a good start on this project, got Kaden to bed and plugged away for a few hours. Bed around 11 something and up at 4:40am for workouts today. It rained and rained all night, little worried about our basement now, but it was good, and all this morning. Our backyard definitely has a lake appeal to it in certain sections. I'm definitely ready for our GOOD spring weather.
For the rest of the week who knows what's to come. Swimming lessons tonight went well, Dain leaves for Utah tomorrow(I know Katie and the kids will miss him till his 2 week return),Brett's got something in KC all wed night, Thurs Brett and Amber get in....YIPEE......friday swim lessons, Saturday Brett Shelton and Kristy's wedding (fun times), all weekend Brett tied up with the Jayhawk Invitational and then maybe some rest on Sunday. I do have to finish the basement paint, I ran out of paint on the second coat and have one and half more walls to cover and spot check. Thanks to my sister and mom once again for all their help. The ceiling was the most tedious b/c at that point my arm was really going to fall off. Anyways, I'll finish that up sometime this week too.
I think that's about it.
Until later, take care everyone!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment