Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Hutch weekend!!!

This weekend we headed to Hutchinson!! None of Brett's grandparent's have met Brooks yet, so we knew before our hectic schedule got more hectic...we'd better get out there!
We left Friday night after dinner in hopes that the kids would sleep, and they did, well one did, Brooks! Kaden stayed awake the WHOLE time. He talked and talked and talked, asked about 100 times when we were going to be there and if we were in Lawrence, the country, Topeka, or Hutch! Very cute at times, then just kinda got monotonous! Oh well I'll still treasure those moments, just made us smile!
Got up Sat. morning and headed out to one set of grandparents in Haviland and stayed all day out there. Had a great time and literally sat out on their back porch/patio the ENTIRE day. It was definitely hot, but in the shade it was nice and the kids just LOVE outside! Kaden got to see Great Grandpa's REAL tractors and even got to sit in it! He played baseball and went to the park a couple times as well. He had a great time and we got to see lots of cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents.





Sunday morning after another short night with Brooks, I headed out for my last long run before this weekends Ironman relay. Got back, showered and then headed to Brett's granddad's house in Hutch for breakfast. We were supposed to be there by 8AM, but it turned out more like 8:45, oops! Sharon made a WONDERFUL breakfast and filled us up nice and good. We stayed there for the first part of the morning, played inside and out, and Kaden even hit TWO over-the-fence home runs in Granddad's backyard! It was awesome. Here's one on video:

Kaden also played with some musical instruments and the drum became his favorite:






After that we went to Hutch High, Brett's alma mater, and saw the renovations they were doing and got to see Grandpa Ballard's new classroom and a HUMONGOUS snake!!! Kaden was pumped about that! It was really cool to see all the new stuff though, I think Brett was impressed as well! We went back to their house and ate lunch, then were on the road home. Brooks was really fussy at the start so I headed to the back row to entertain and after I got him calm and asleep, Kaden started in on his nap, and well...so did I. That 3rd row seating came in handy for me!!! Poor Brett drove all the way home with not much company, until I woke up in Topeka!!! We had a great time out there, it always goes so quick b/c there is so many people we have to see and we don't stay more than a few days, but I'm sure glad we got out there.
Here are a couple more picts from out there, the one of the flowers is ONE of Kaden's 800 pictures he took while we were hanging out in the backyard, he was camera happy!!


Monday we just hung out!! It was SOOO nice. We got most of our yard work, laundry, & dishes done before we left so it was just play time on our day off. I started to head to Eudora to go with Katie on some shopping outing but didn't make it as our Mazda started making a funny noise and engine light came on. So there I sat for a few mins on the side of K-10 waiting for my sister to get me. Needless to say, I ended up driving it back into Lawrence, thank goodness-no towing, and got it to a shop. No major damage, just a plastic cover on the bottom dragging and probably set-off the engine light. We're crossing our fingers since we are still in look out for a new car for Brett.(yeah the truck for his 30th went back since he got the Baker job, we are looking for a diff. car for economic reasons, maybe he can get his dream truck someday!)So back home I went and it was perfect b/c I got to wake Kaden up from nap, he never knew I was gone, and we played in his pool and baseball outside all afternoon. That night we went to the Free State track and I did my workout and then did extra when my brother, Amber, Steph and then our family were up there. Kaden impressed me SOOO much. He played and ran and ran and ran the ENTIRE time we were out there. He was such a trooper and did EVERY LAST thing we did on our workout, just at his pace! I love it that he loves working out and being active. Looks like a great future for him!

Back to work today...BOO!

And here's what's in store:
-Kaden started his little mini camp at Lawrence Gymnastics with all his friends for the week
-Boogie practice with the guys wed/thurs
-Red Dogs started this week!!
-Ironman relay (I'm running the 1/2 marathon) on Sunday
-Basketball camps start this Friday for Brett, and for me helping starts this Sunday; and they'll go ALL through June
-My cousins, their kids, and my aunt come in this weekend for a few days!!
-My online class starts next monday, YIKES!
-Kaden's swim lessons start back up outside!
-Bailey's 2nd bday coming up
-Brooks baptism on the 20th!!
-Brett's Baker Camp at end of June
-To the Lake for the 4th of July (without hubby!)
-Destin trip at the end of July!!!(without hubby:(

So much in store and who knows what else will pop up!!
Hope everyone's weekends were as great as ours!!!

2 comments:

Taylor said...

I love your new header picture!!! I totally told Amber that I wanted that to hang above our bed! She must have "practiced" on you guys! hee hee!!! :) It's adorable.

Katie said...

I love how the picture turned out. So cute! I also love that you actually got my mom in some pics....I was giving her a hard time last time she was here that I have like two pics of her :)

Glad you guys had fun!