Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Race and Rash!!!

Well the Ironman relay race we did this past Sunday went really well. We didn't finish as well as a team, I think we had some more competition this year, but I ran about 10 mins faster than last year (and I should have, I was 2 mths prego last time), Claudine swam faster and was first out of the water in her heat, but our biker had some obstacles. Anyways, we had a great time and so much support out there. That race just amazes me every time I see it. Amazing athletes out there!

Then Monday night when were up at the dorms for camp, Brooks all of a sudden got these little bumps all over his legs and arms. I thought they were chiggers or something b/c we were outside for a little bit. So I went and got Benadryl and ask the pharmacist about it...yada yada...they went away thru the night. Next day they came back a little and my mom had the kids for the day. I picked him up from moms and his whole body was covered in these HUGE welts! I felt SOOO sorry for the little booger. He is feeling fine and not in pain, but come to conclusion he is having an allergic reaction to amoxicillin, which he's on for the 2nd time for his 2nd ear infection. The doctor says it can happen like that...they are on it one time and fine, next time on it for a while and then can react. Well that's what's happened to little Brooks. These pictures don't do justice at all. They are REALLY red and HUGE welts all over, so sad to see him. Again he feels ok, I guess, but he doesn't look so hot. Anyways, off that med and going to see if he still has the ear infection, and continuing with Benadryl. What's up with my kids and ear infections. I just want to go ahead and put tubes in Brooks' ears, I know we're headed that way anyways!!!
So we continue the fun.....



Oh, and almost done with week 1 of big camp, one more to go. (with 2 little ones in between!)

On a good note...Cooper Keefer is now in recovery and doing pretty good. It's a long process from here, but the surgery went well and thank goodness for that! Continue to keep the Keefer's in your prayers though!

2 comments:

Lacy said...

those are the same welts that covered that little guy that i kept last summer for a week.. and his parents were in Beliz and i was freaking out.. Brooks is getting so big!!

Hope you guys are having a fun summer so far.. i know yall are super duper busy..

Julian and I fly out to tenn tomorrow. driving back to houston on monday and then Friday the 18th is surgery.. YIKES!

Talk to ya soon

Jama Maxfield said...

Look at those legs!!! Love, love, love him!!