Tuesday, June 15, 2010

A Little Boogie and a little Bug...

Well we had so much fun at "Bill Self's Basketball Boogie" this past Friday night. They raised SOO much money for his Assists Foundation, which is great and the night was filled with lots of people and lots of fun. Here is our "get-up" for the majority of the night. The other part we switched into little black dresses and the boys were in John Travolta white jump suites and we did a little dance to "Stayin Alive". Oh how we are all so talented in the dance department!!! We tried and we had fun, so I guess that's what counted! It was at the CBE, College Basketball Experience, at the Sprint Center, and it was really cool. It had so many cool things to it, all interactive stuff and along with interesting bball facts along the way, and it was a couple stories high, so lots to do.


However that night after we got home I started feeling icky. Didn't think much of it, but after I got done feeding Brooks in the middle of the night, I was in the bathroom not doing so hot. Needless to say I got sick, and was down for the count all through Sat. I am definitely blessed to have my mom and sister around, they helped out TREMENDOUSLY!!! Mom had Brooks all day and Steph did stuff with Kaden all day. As helpless as I was, at least I knew they were in good hands, although I'm stubborn, I did want to help. But as my mommy told me, just go to bed....at that's literally what I did all day. Kaden got to see his cousin at bball camp and even got to join in a little with dad! He loves going up to camp with me at night and this year Brett's been taking him to the gyms at night with him and then will meet me. I know he can't wait till he can be a camper!
So I thought Brett and Kaden were in the clear, b/c Brooks did get the bug, and still has it, but as of last night around 2 AM, Kaden came into our room and puked ALL over my side of the bed and floor and continued in the bathroom! Poor little guy. He felt horrible and isn't much better this morning, so we're skipping work this morning to see how they both do and we'll go from there.




So fun times at the Ballard household. A little tired, a little sick and a little ready for a BREAK!!!
On the brighter side of things, Brooks is being baptised this Sunday, so I'm excited for that. We also have our niece's 2nd bday party and I get to make her "2" cake!!! So more things in store for the week and I just hope we're all feeling better by then!!

No comments: