He got right up in the chair and was ready to go. He got his picture taken in a cool chair before hand and then got to put headphones on and watch cartoons on the ceiling while the hygentist was talking to me!
Our biggest quest was to "learn how to spit"! Yeah didn't ever think that would be a problem with boys, but....we were still using the training toothpaste b/c he would always swollow! Now we are on to big boy toothpaste and he's doing great. I guess just the dentist talking to him worked!


The x-rays went great, couldnt get the back ones b/c he couldn't quite bite down hard enough, but she said most kids don't even get that far in the appointment. We did see the front teeth and have a new discovery....Kaden has a 3rd tooth in the front...weird I know, but I guess more common than not, so she says!
So once the little ones fall out, and the adult teeth come in, we'll have to get the "extra" one abstracted surgically so the "real" one can move in right in place!
I'll keep that surgical talk to a minimum to Kaden untill we HAVE to get started.
Other than that and a little underbite which he can grow out of possibly, Dr. Henderson said he did great and everything looks wonderful. He didn't even flinch when she was flossing either! I'm impressed.
I think his favorite part was getting his teeth cleaned with chocolate cleaner, watching tv on the ceiling and getting to buy big boy vanilla ice cream toothpaste! It was an overall GREAT appointment.
1 comment:
We love Growing Smiles and I am so happy to read that Kaden just learned to spit. Coop never spits either and I could not figure out why. I guess he just needs to visit the dentist!
Post a Comment