Friday, February 26, 2010

Happy 30th Birthday Brett!!

So along with the surprise birthday party this past weekend, this morning I delivered my second surprise!!

I have been working with the dealership for about 3 weeks on doing this. This might not be the final present, there are 4 options we have, but I picked this one to surprise him with this morning.
It began with Brett opening his "gift" from us at the kitchen table early this morning....


....a KU license plate. Which is something he has been wanting anyways b/c our other one is trashed. So after he said thank you and opened his card, with Kaden telling him to look out the front door, he kinda got a look on his face! I loved it.
He said..."You better not have done what I think". Well I did!

My sister was in on it as well. She picked it up from the dealership and had it at her house. Her and my brother dropped her car off in my neighborhood last night and then around 1-2am she drove the truck over and parked it in the driveway! Thanks Steph for your help.

We have been looking at different trucks for a few months now anyways, but b/c Brett has NO time to do anything and finalize something, I took it upon myself to do the job and get him one. I hope we can find one that fits all of our needs and get him out of my little silver Mazda! He definitely deserves a more MANLEY vehicle.

I mean you only turn 30 once right!!!
Happy Birthday Brett, we love you!!!

Oh and we brought him his favorite cake, his mom's ice cream cake recipe, up to his office this morning before they left town!! Hope they all enjoy it!
(don't you just love the quick handwriting decoration!)


(His office got vandalized by decorations as well this morning!!)

Side story: We had his birthday dinner with his sister's family, uncle and my family last night and Kale made Brett his birthday card, but also stuck in a card for me...I guess he didn't want me to feel left out (how sweet huh!) Well as we are both opening our cards, Brett's had some type of picture of him blowing out candles in the rain or something and my card was filled with football stickers all over it, but as I opened it further to see if he drew me a picture too, I found something better...a $1 bill!!!! I just started dying laughing and said, oh wait I think this one's for Brett (considering it's his bday) but Kale just said no, that's for you. We were all laughing so hard at the fact that I got a $1 bill from a 4 year old on Brett's bday. Katie just looked at me and said..."oh, maybe that's what he was whispering to me, he said I put something special in Aunt Kelly's card", however she was busy with something and didn't pay much attention to it. Not sure where the $1 bill came from, but what a great nephew I have!!! ( I did give it back to those who are wondering!!) Great memories!

1 comment:

Katie said...

WOW! What a cool present!! (Thought you were getting him cologne)....man was I way off :) Dain and I laughed about the dollar thing before we went to bed last night. You just never know what you're gunna get from my children..