Sunday, February 28, 2010

Back to work I go...

As I look back at these last 10 weeks, I can't believe how much my second baby boy has grown along with my first baby boy as a big brother. It makes me sooooo sad to have to go back to work. Not because I am not willing to work, but I know I'll miss out on something during the day. I have treasured every moment I get with my boys, as hard or easy as they came, I still treasure them.

Kaden has grown up right before my eyes with being such a big help to me and around the house. I know on a daily basis how much he loves me as well as his little brother b/c he speaks it so well. Thank you Kaden for all your help!

My days at story time every Tuesday morning with my children and my nephew, niece and sister-in-law, have come to an end as well too. Those were special days each week we looked forward to.
(The boys doing an activity)

(Here is a treasured picture of Miss Bailey with my glasses on at story time at the library...she pays attention so well!!)

With going back to work comes going back to school as well. I am anxious to see what these 2 classes I'll be taking for the remainder of the semester will bring and I do enjoy that part. But like work, I'll be away from my kids and missing something. I've been privileged to stay a little longer at home this time around, probably b/c Brooks came early, so it makes going back harder.

I can't complain at all though b/c I do get to bring my kids to work with me, for part of the day, and Brooks will stay with me in my office until he gets more mobile. It's just not the same as being at home though. I love my children and husband so much and love to do everything I can in my power for things to run smoothly at the house, during daily activities, and life in general.

I've cherished my time at home, and maybe one day I can return their more permanently, but until then...it's back to work I go!!!

Our first days...


















(these couple pictures are my attempt to get us all in a pict.)


(oops, sorry Brooks!)


(Here is a better one that Brett took of us on our last day together without work!)


I Love you boys!! Thanks for the time at home!!

2 comments:

WatchingTwoGrow said...

That is so sweet! Just remember, being away at work just makes us that much more eager to be wonderful Mommies when we are not!

Kaci said...

Hope work went good!! I remember spending DAYS in tears when I first went back!! Hope to see you soon!