Thursday, March 4, 2010

New Schedule

Well so far so good this week. It is already Thursday!
We started our new routine and let me tell you, I LOVE staying home!!! JK, it's different, but it's gonna be fine. I was very impressed on Monday that I got my workout in early and got showered, kids up, fed, changed, and all of the norm and out the door at 7:45 AM, I was at work by 8AM, I didn't think I could do it, but we did.
So Monday, Wednesday, and Friday I go to work, Kaden and Brooks go with me. Kaden stays in the daycare for the first half of the day, 8-1, and Brooks just stays in my office for now. I get to see Kaden for snack and lunch time before we head out to Mary Beth's for the second part of the day for Kaden. He LOVES Mary Beth's house and all his friends there. Since it's been decent here, like in the upper 40's and 50's, they have gotten to go outside this week and I'm sure all parties are happy about that! Brooks goes with me and we head home for his feeding and mine and then back up to work for the rest of my day. It's kinda difficult at times to get lots done b/c he needs attention as well, but I'm certainly blessed to even get to keep him in my office at all, so I go with it like I did with Kaden.
Tuesday I head out of the house at 6:30AM because I have class at 8AM at JCCC. So I explained to Kaden Monday night that he had to be a BIG helper for dad and eat good, listen well and help with Brooks b/c dad doesn't do the "mommy" thing all by himself very often. So I think Kaden took that to heart b/c Brett said he was sooo funny Tues morning helping him out, but made a game out of it and it all worked out. So Brett takes Kaden to Mary Beth's all day and takes Brooks' to Angie's house. Coach Hinson's wife, Angie, was SOOO generous to help me out during my school days and watch Brooks while I'm there. So she gets him for about 3 hrs before I get back in town and pick him up, and she loves him. He just played on the floor and ate this week, although she said..."man he poops a lot!!" And sure enough he does!!! But she is GREAT and I'm again, blessed to have them in our lives in order to do the things we are doing.
Thursday's are my favorite by far though, b/c NO work, NO school, just me and the kids. Since it was a late night after winning the BIG 12 Championship outright against K-State last night, we woke up a little later. I got to cleaning before Brett left for work and then we did a few errands this morning. When we got home we stayed right outside, its' like mid 50's today!!! So Kaden drove his truck, his trike, and we played at the park for a while, along with playing on a swing set with the neighbors. It was so much fun and Brooks just chilled in the stroller the whole time! I love my Thursdays!!!

School will be good this semester, short and sweet since I'm taking 2 late-start classes and get a few things out of the way. Right now I'm in Asian and Oriental Rugs, interesting huh!! The big project for the class is to weave your own 3"x3" tile rug! Yeah and the kicker is you have to MAKE your own loom to do this on....this ought to be interesting! Brett's already You-tubed it for me so I can get a head start maybe since I have NO clue about any of that. Oh, back to school work!!!

Hope everyone has a great week.
Our new niece is arriving Saturday sometime if not today/tomorrow, so we're excited to meet her! Busy/fun weekend ahead!!

Take care.

No comments: