Our trip started off with Kaden SUPER pumped to ride the bus all the way to "Hoklahoma". Yes I was thrilled too. But it really wasn't bad!
We watched movies, played games, and even napped a tiny bit!
Brooks even had a good time!





The next day was my birthday, St. Patrick's day, and after I got back from working out in the morning, I came back to our hotel room decorated by Brett and Kaden!! Only so much you can do on the road! It was sooo sweet and I was shocked that Brett did that for me, but he said you only turn 30 once, so here ya go!!!.


I also got a card from him telling me that we are going to the George Straight/Reba concert in April!! I was pumped. We are also eating at Cheesecake Factory before hand and staying the night in KC....wow!
My sister, mom, grandma, and both sister-in-laws, also gave me a gift of an entire Spa Day!! I'm super pumped about that as well. I can't wait to get that scheduled.
Cindy Self also gave me a massage gift certificate at a spa, so I'm set!!!
Later we ventured out around our hotel a little and came across a botanical garden area. Since the weather hasn't been so great, there wasn't much "botanical" out there, but it was fun with Kaden seeing ducks along the river and walking through different paths. We even saw a penguin along the way there on the sidewalk.



After naps...we all went over to the Ford Center for open practice and then headed to Abuelo's for dinner!! Here I snapped a picture of my and my kids on my bday!!



Thursday, game day, arrived and since we didn't play till late a few of us decided to take the kids to the zoo! It was a gorgeous day out, almost 70 I think, so it was perfect! Kaden had a blast and did sooo well walking all around...well almost walking, he was held a lot by various people but he did great!
(Zebra's)

(Kaden's FAVORITE part..the Giraff's)





(Black Bears)




At the end of the trip, Brooks was being held, so Kaden plopped into the stroller with his new purchase. Lew Perkins gave all the coaches kids a $1 for the zoo, so Kaden HAD to get something!

And all through the week he would run the halls with Cole Aldrich, Xavier Henry, the Morris twins, Brady Morningstar, and Tyrell Reed. Tyrell was the lucky one to get his picture with him! Those boys are so great with our kids.

T-pa made it in for the game along with Steph being there with/for Adidas, Granny b/c she was on spring break, and Brett T. b/c he was selling for KU Store. So to have all my family there was a TREMENDOUS help for me with the kids. Not sure how I would of done it without them.


First game against Lehigh was a close one, but we pulled it off. So we headed to the second round. Friday we didn't do much, just worked out, got ready, ate at Spaghetti Warehouse, played at a little park around the corner and headed back to the hotel before all the wives went out to celebrate ALL our birthdays for the year. We went to the Melting Pot, which I've ALWAYS wanted to go to, and it was amazing. It's a fondue place where it's like a 4 course meal and takes a good 2 hours or so to get through. So definitely not an adventure any of us thought our husbands would endure! We had a great time conversating and trying all the diff. cheese fondue's, salads, marinade fondue for our meats, and the best...Chocolate fondue's for our desserts. It was great!! Steph, mom, and Chaunsea's mom, Jan, all stayed back and graciously babysat alllllllll the kids. They stayed in our room b/c we had to ajoining rooms so they would have more room to run around. We walked in when we got back and one room looked like a tornado had come through it. Beds were ALLLLL unmade and they had a blanket pit in between. They were jumping from bed to bed and the little kids, Kaden & Kenzie couldn't make it all the way across, so the pit helped soften their falls. It was great and they all had a great time hanging out.
Saturday came and we just worked out, and got ready b/c it was a 4:40 game. So lunch and naps were pushed quickly and getting ready for the game. A blizzard had set in, just a day after 70 degree weather, so it was snowing and blowing like no other...a bad start to our night.
The game, as we know, didn't go well and was a HUGE shock to the Jayhawk Nation. We lost to a great UNI, University of Northern Iowa, team. They shot lights out and well, we just didn't play well. I think we sat in our seats for a good 20 mins after the game just in shock. Not saying anything to anyone let alone moving. Very sad.
So we got to the bus and headed home for Lawrence. It was a sad day and end to our trip to OKC. Like I said, not much good came out of that place. (minus some fun times with my kids and family)
Another sad note for Brooks while in OKC, he got his first cold. It set in the 2nd day we were there and he still has it today. He started with a cough that sounded like croup, but thankfully has loosened up, but hurts when he coughs. I feel so bad for my little man. He has thrown up numerous times b/c of all the mucus and stuff he keeps swollowing and I think my mom was even shocked to see how he can up-chuck while in the elevator in the hotel.
So we are back home, not much better, seen the doctor and are now on breathing treatments, just like his brother was at an early age. We have 2 diff. meds and 5 breathing treatments a day. Poor little booger!!


So no more basketball for KU and an early end to our season. What a great ride we've had this year and all the years we've been at KU. These boys are so special and have been so great to our kids/family, so I can only thank them for some great memories. Next year will be quite the ride again I'm sure. Still so proud to be a Jayhawk.
Rock Chalk!
No comments:
Post a Comment