
My husband...yes MY husband, is the new HEAD COACH at Baker University!!
Yesterday Brett was officially announced as the new head coach at Baker University, which is in Baldwin City, KS. Our family couldn't be MORE proud of Brett.

Kaden, Brooks and I headed over yesterday afternoon along with many others to attend Brett's Press Conference on campus. As a new head coaches wife, wow that sounds weird, we had no clue what to expect, and boy were we amazed!
The people at Baker we sooo thrilled to have Brett and were sooo excited for this new change for them, as we are for ourselves. Brett's dream of coaching at a college level is finally coming true and he is ecstatic about it.
Out of 137 applications, all whom I'm sure have been coaches before, they choose Brett to be their new coach. He was soo humbled at that, let alone all the compliments from references, local people and friends and family that have known him.
I knew Brett was a good speaker, I've heard him so many times. He's cool, calm, collective, VERY unlike me...but yesterday...WOW, I was amazed with the man I saw standing at that podium. In front of a LOT of alums, athletes, coaches, administrators, a lot of our current KU family, media, and friends/family...he blew us away. I had tears, I smiled, I laughed, but above all I was SOOO PROUD to be Brett's wife!! He is going to do so well at Baker and I'm excited to see what the future holds.




For 10 years now, all we've known was KU, so to say we're sad to be leaving KU is an understatement. But the opportunity that has been given to Brett couldn't be passed up. The people from KU that showed up at his very first press conference, and biggest day in his career, shocked us. It just shows me how well liked and respected Brett is to the KU program. Coach Manning, Lew, Coach Keller, Coach Hinson, Max Falkenstein, Wayne and Brennan to name a few, all came to support MY husband!! There will be many adjustments we'll have to come to understand at a different level than we're used to, but I have Faith that everything happens for a reason and everything will fall into place like it's supposed to!
Kaden was So good and only whispered a couple times to me that he was thirsty and hungry!:) He definitely got the crowd when he laughed out loud when Brett was talking about him trying to decipher from good wildcats (Baker)and bad wildcats (K-State).


We are soooo proud of Brett/Daddy for this accomplishment and are eager to start our new journey! Thanks for every one's love and support through this huge change in our lives!

(we went out to dinner at Longhorns tonight to celebrate with family and at the end one of the managers brought this to our table...man was it yummy!!)
3 comments:
Welcome to Baker, Ballard family!
Best,
Alan Grant
Baker Economics
A hearty CONGRATS to Brett on his great accomplishment! This is without a doubt the beginning of many great things for him and your family! :)
PS--I'm biased, but love Baker! :0
aww i'm so proud of you both!! love yall!! can't wait for Julian to be coming to Baker baskeball camp someday
Post a Comment