Sunday, April 11, 2010

Best weekend in a long time!!

This past weekend was one of the BEST weekends I can remember in a LONG time! We couldn't have had better weather for it all as well.
It started out actually on thurs. night going to see our friends the Crady's b/c Jama and Lylah were in town and we hadn't see her, nor them see Brooks, since each of them were born(they are like 2 mths apart I think). So we saw sweet Lylah and then went to the park across the street afterwards b/c I had promised Kaden. He had such a good time and we stayed there till almost 8pm!! Mom came with us, and we just had fun with the boys...well Brooks was asleep most of the time.




Then I couldn't WAIT for Friday night. Brett had bought me George Strait concert tickets, but it was even better than that, Reba was in concert with him! And LeAnn Womack opened for them, so it was an AMAZING concert. I told my whole family that if they come back, I'm going and they HAVE to go too, it was great. Any country fan HAS to see it. Reba was an amazing performer and just sooo cute. She also reminds me SOOO much of my Auntie Ann and it just makes me smile. Then good 'ole George just gets up there and does his thing, nothing fancy about it, but just is awesome. Brett had a great time too I think and was impressed with the concert as well. We went to Cheesecake Factory on the Plaza before hand, then the concert, then stayed at the Marriot on the Plaza and had a full night of sleep, something I've been lacking for the past 4 mths! Then got up and around, late, the next morning and went to a new favorite KC pizza place our friends introduced us to called "Spin" pizza, its GREAT! Then headed home.







Kaden got to spend the night with his cousin Kale and had a BLAST, like normal. He was sooo excited about going over there and I think it was a little treat for Kale's birthday to have him over, so it worked out well. When we came to pick him up, Uncle Dain had taken all the kids minus Shay to the park at the new school, so here were a few shots of them coming back!


After we got back home, it was straight to the bowling alley for our 2nd Annual Cooper's Cause Bowl-a-thon! It was a great turn out this year and I'm pretty sure we raised a lot more than expected. Kaden had fun bowling as well, but was ready for a nap pretty quick, so we had to head home.


Brett worked in the yard the whole day and it was just so nice out. We played with the kids after naps outside, I ran my mileage for the day and we just had a great time together.
Sunday we went to church and to eat lunch afterwards, then headed home and Brett was back in the yard working away. Kaden helped him out there for a while and then was at the park, on his trike, in the wagon, and who knows what else. I was making a pasta salad and desserts for dinner at my grandparents house that night and Brooks was just hanging out.
We went over to GG and Papa's for dinner and once again, had a wonderful time. I truly cherish the times I have with my grandparents and am so blessed we still have them with us and that they are in the same town. I love that they get to see my children weekly most of the time and get to see them grow. I probably have taken it for granted that we live minutes from eachother, but as they are getting older, I am realizing these times are important and to stop every once in a while to just go and see them. Since I have off on Thursdays, I usually take the kids over to see them for the day and I love that as well. Kaden loves playing with Papa and now that it's nice out, he loves the backyard fun and the tomatoes!!!! Here are a few pictures that I LOVE that Amber took Sunday night when we were over there!






What a great family I have and am so lucky to have everyone I have in my life. My husband is the best in the world and is working SOOO hard right now with both jobs he has and it was just a great get-a-way for us both this weekend. I love the times we do get to spend with just us(even though we talk about the kids most of the time) but I just think it's so important! I can't wait for all the next weekends together!

2 comments:

Taylor said...

Those pictures with Papa are awesome! So special. You are very lucky that you get to spend so much time with them. I'm sad that we don't get as much.

We'll be up there in early June though. Can't wait! :)

allthingsskelton said...

Saw Reba years ago and she's still my favorite concert ever. An amazing perfomer! Sounds like you all had lots of fun!!

A mom of six told me in my earlier years of being a mama that going away every once in a while makes you a better mama! I figured she knows and I've tried to follow that advice...have to say it has worked for me!