Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Meeting a new friend, hanging with family, & Easter Sunday!

Well my best friend Meghan came in from Texas this weekend with her new baby girl Makenna!! I was soooo excited to meet her and since she and Brooks are only about 2 months apart from each other, we had to introduce them so they would know their future boyfriend/girlfriend!! He He!! Miss Makenna is as beautiful as her parents and as sweet as can be. Can't wait to see her grow!

(Kaden looks SO big next to them!!)

Next we went to my grandparents for dinner on Saturday night and had a great time. Until....Kaden was playing sooooo hard and we got to laughing and he still has his cough....so, up came his dinner all over the living room floor, poor baby! So in to the tub we went and in to the washer/dryer his clothes went. So all that was left was a big t-shirt of gram's for him to play around in until his were done....We thought it was pretty cute anyways!
(He and Pop putting together a new puzzle!)


Here are a few random pictures from around the house I thought were cute...





Then Sunday morning came and it was EASTER!!! I hid candy eggs around the house and the real ones in the kitchen. I was to busy taping it on the video camera I didn't get any still pictures except for the end basket. Kaden came downstairs to find his and Brooks' baskets on the table and then started on the hunt. He had fun and was pretty pumped about finding the eggs. Brooks just slept in his swing while Kaden was hunting. It's times like this that I hate when Brett's gone, missing out on holiday/kid stuff, but they'll be more another year!



We got dressed and ready for church after some pancake breakfast (that's Kaden's favorite) and headed out. This is probably the ONLY time I'll be able to dress my kids in sweater vests!!! But they sure looked cute!

After church/Sunday school they have their big Easter egg hunt outside and all hundreds of kids head out to find the goodies!!! It was so fun watching them run around trying to find eggs. Kaden had told me in advance, while getting ready for church, that he needed to wear his "fast" shoes so he could get lots of eggs. I'm pretty sure he got more than was allowed, but he had a blast and didn't want to stop!





(Brooks got to meet up with Makenna again that night!!)

I had so much fun watching my little boy run around and have fun, and I can't wait for Brooks to catch up and do the same. Next year will be a whole different story!! I just love my kids! Brett got home later that night and we were all so happy for his return, it had been a long 4 days! Happy Easter everyone!

3 comments:

allthingsskelton said...

Your boys are so adorable! Brooks is growing like a weed, and Kaden looks like such a big boy next to little brother. Still hoping, maybe, we could get a Sutton gathering this summer! Would love to see those boys in person! and you and Brett too. ;) We shall see...

Lacy said...

Brooks looks so big.. McKenna is very cute!! Looks like a match!
Love the pic with Brooks laughing!

Miss yall!!

WatchingTwoGrow said...

That picture of your Mom and the boys is awesome!