Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Brooks is 4 mths!

Today Brooks is 4 mths old!! He is so stinkin cute and SUCH a good baby. He LOVES to smile and "flirt" with you, it just makes my day!

We had our checkup yesterday and here are the stats: 14 lbs. 12 oz. and 24 inches long! He is growing like a weed. I'm not sure on the percentiles, didn't check on that, but I'm sure he's continuing on his way up the chart just like his brother was. I guess being so little at the beginning was a little bit of an advantage.
He is doing SO well though. He has a little pink eye but we are just watching it over the next couple days and she sent in a culture. We don't want to "drug" him up if we don't have to since he's so young, and it's already looking a lot better today.
His updates...
-"talking" a lot more
-laughed for the first time last week. (Brett and I both saw it, although he was actually asleep in his swing...we were sitting there talking and looking at him and he just started giggling away, so it counts!)
-LOVES to be paid attention to, AT ALL TIMES!
-Loves when Kaden talks to him or reads/sings to him and it's a BIG help in the car!
-Loves his little froggy musical toy on his car seat, calms him down sometimes and loves to bat at it with his hands to make it spin.
-started figuring out his hands a lot more, and loves looking at your hands.
-going to start eating cereal/oatmeal tonight!!! (let's hope it sticks to his ribs during the night feeding and makes him less hungry for night feedings!)

Here's the preview...Not sure he's a big fan!











-I think he's in the teething process. I don't see any teeth coming up, but LOVES his fist in his mouth, drooling more, and loves to chew on his Binky or really anything.
-Not a fan of tummy time still, just likes to lick whatever his face is smashed against, and once in a while will lift his head a little, so we don't spend much time doing it!
-Likes stroller rides and being outside
-Is now being watched by Tanya Dooley and Julie Manning when I'm at school...Thank You ladies!

So everything is going good and I just love my time with my kids. I'm so blessed to go to class once a week and spend the remainder of the day with Brooks and then get to have a whole day off and spend it with both of the kids, I truly cherish the time!!
Ohh, I hear him stirring from nap time, gotta go!

No comments: